Information and Application Procedures
During the current academic year The Shinnick Educational Fund will again hold a competition for Undergraduate College Scholarship Awards. For 2018-2019, at least five four-year scholarships will be awarded, ranging from a maximum of $10,000 per year to a minimum of $3,000 per year. Scholarships will be renewable for a total length of time of four years for students who maintain at least a 2.7 GPA in college.
- Application Procedure
- Evaluation Procedure
- Application Deadline
- Each applicant should prepare an application file that includes the following
1. A Family Information Form.
2. Three letters of recommendation, only one of which may come from a relative.
3. An official school transcript, showing courses taken, grades, overall GPA, and class ranking.
4. ACT scores.
5. A brief autobiographical essay, typewritten, double-spaced, and not longer than 500 words. The essay should describe you and your family. You should also discuss the experiences you have had that led to your desire to go to college. What are your career plans? What do you plan to major in? If you are unsure of your major, describe your interests as best you can and what majors you are considering.
6. You should also submit a second essay on the following topic: Select a book you have read, an idea you have discovered, or a specific experience you have had and write an essay explaining how this book, idea, or experience has had an important and lasting effect on you. This essay should be typewritten, double-spaced, and should not exceed 500 words.
It is the responsibility of each student to make sure that his or her application file is complete.
Students should either hand in their application materials or mail their materials directly to The Shinnick Educational Fund.
Completed applications must be received by 4:00 P.M., January 8th, 2019.
The Shinnick Educational Fund office is located
at 3608 Maple Ave., Zanesville, OH 43701. Telephone: 740-452-2273.
Are you ready to apply for the William M. Shinnick College Scholarship?